Scholarship of Distinction in Accounting
Students majoring in accounting in the following programs are eligible to apply: BBA in Accounting, Master of Accountancy (MAcc), and Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting. You MUST hold a BBA from UNA to apply for the graduate level accounting scholarship.
Undergraduate Accounting Scholarship Levels:
Purple-up to $13,000/year
Gold-up to $11,000/year
Silver-up to $9,000/year
Note: You must be a citizen of the US to apply.
Graduate Level Accounting Scholarships for MAcc and MBA in Accounting:
- Purple – 50% of tuition and fees
- Gold – 35% of tuition and fees
- Silver – 20% of tuition and fees
This application will require a short video and a professional resume.
Scholarship video criteria:
- The video should be 3-4 minutes in length.
- Professional video equipment is not necessary to record your video. The video can be recorded with a smartphone, tablet, webcam, etc. The video will be judged on the quality of the content, not the quality of the video production.
- A URL link to the video will need to be submitted.
Your video should address the following questions/topics:
- Explain your background/experience with accountancy/business administration.
- Share a couple of personal accomplishments that you are most proud of.
- What are your favorite school subjects? Explain why.
- What career would you like to pursue? Explain why.
Criteria for the recommendation letter:
- A one-page letter is adequate.
- The letter should come from someone that can speak to your academic background and potential. This letter may be from someone such as a high school teacher, high school counselor, college instructor, or academic advisor.
- Current UNA Accounting Faculty cannot write the letter because they are on the scholarship committee.
- The letter should address the applicant’s academic background and potential for completing an accountancy degree at the University of North Alabama.